1. Every Tuesday & Wednesday are free movie days at the Regal Theaters. Since it is free and air conditioned, we are there. Here are some of the movies we have seen this year.
2. Every Thursday morning, we had pool group with friends from church. Since our pool (in our development) is huge and has the best beach walk in EVER, we invited everyone to come swim. We usually had anywhere from five to fifteen moms with one to four kids each. You do the math--it was a big group. It is so much fun for the kids to play together and to have everyone catch-up on news. We have a great group of moms here and I love getting to know all of them better. Sorry for no pictures, but when you starts snapping pictures of people at the pool, they tend to avoid you for a long time afterwards.
3. Maya learned to swim like a mermaid (she doesn't like us to say fish.) She is all over the pool, swimming across the whole thing. She likes to swim to the bottom and glide along. She likes to jump in and swim under our legs like they are tunnels. We are so proud of her and so pleased that Madison taught her how to come up for air and then continue swimming.
4. Monterey learned to swim like a mermaid (ditto on the fish thing.) She has not yet learned to come up for air and then get horizontal again. But other than that, she is swimming and jumping in right with her sister. One of their favorite things to do is to go under at the same time and make funny faces at each other. Then they come up and ask each other, "Did you see that?" It is pretty funny and they will do it for hours.
5. They learned to swim on their own which saved us a lot of time, money and tears. Yea!
6. McKayla and Madison started a business called the M&M Babysitting club. They made over two hundred dollars! Mom and Dad are so proud of their hard work. Here was their flyer:
M & M Babysitting Club
Presented by Madison & McKayla Caress
What: Your kids are invited to the M & M Babysitting Club
Who: your kids age 1 (must be walking) to age 5 (never been to Kindergarten)
Where: the Caress home (the M & M sister’s)
When: 11:00 to 1:00 every Monday and Friday in June and July
Cost: each child $3.00 (each additional child $2.00)
Why: so you can have some time to yourself
Call and ask for Madison or McKayla to make your reservation
SEE YOU THERE!
8. Lots of play dates, sleepovers, parties. Let's hear it for a great group of friends both from church and school. We love you all.
9. Harry Potter. Every summer a book comes out it is good summer. With the last book it was even more exciting. Are you sick of us talking about Harry Potter? This is nothing compared to what I could do.
10. Library reading time and activities, discovering the best cupcakes in the valley (Bristol Farms), tubing with friends on their lake, finishing lots of projects . . . what a summer.
NEXT UP: Watch for upcoming posts on our fabulous vacation.