Wednesday, October 31, 2007

HALLOWEEN

Here is our sweetie pie McKayla as a cheerleader. This is the only completely homemade costume this year. I guess she likes the GB Packers. I wanted her to be a Wildcat (a la High School Musical) but she loves green. Pom-poms courtesy of Christmas decorations.

Next is Madison who wins the costume prize this year. She is Miss America. This is why she is the winner: She wanted to be Miss America since last year (longevity award.) She already had the dress, so we just had to add the crown which we already had, buy ribbon and paint "Miss America" (very quick and easy), buy fake flowers (on sale), (least expensive award.) And finally, I did not see any other Miss Americas out there (creativity award.) She also never complained once (favorite child award.)

Maya was Belle. She wanted her boyfriend to dress as the Beast. He dressed as a penguin. He is no longer her boyfriend. This costume was hanging at Stater Bros. and cost $12.99. She wanted it. For $12.99 it was hers. (simplicity award) However, she did not like the way the seams scratched against her tummy and so after many tears, I duct-taped the seams down. Smooth and sweaty were preferable to scratchy and bulky.

Next our little mermaid, Monterey. Now, truth be told, this really was the easiest and cheapest since we just borrowed it from Grandma Diane's dress up box. However she kept changing her mind so many times, it did not feel stress free. Ultimately, I just figured I would ignore her requests and just put it on her and it worked. This side view shows how very cute this costume really is.


McKayla wore her costume to school and went to the Spooktacular (def: a party/dance/carnival that was put on by her school) afterwards. Tiny Tots had a big ole' party with carnival activities so the big girls had their party too. Madison was allowed to wear fall colors at school. And no parties. Bummer. But my little trooper maintained a positive attitude all day. Thank goodness for Madison.

We trick-or-treated in the neighborhoods with the girls' friends. It was so much fun to see the big girls say trick-or-treat and thank you at all the houses.

Here is the group right before we left. Moments later the first candy was in the sack and the tears and apathy were replaced with joy and giggles. Who said chocolate does not solve every problem? They never met my girls.






4 comments:

Holly said...

See...you made Mckayla's costume. (No homemade costumes this year, you fibber.) And, I must say it looks really good. That last picture where the little ones are losing it is absolutely adorable. That one deserves a frame.

Lizzie said...

That picture is classic. I LOVE it.

Kodi said...

The girls ALL looked darling. We had costume/hair/crown drama with two girls. . I can't imagine four! So impressed you made it through and with smiles! Nice work. Chocolate works for me too.

Chauna said...

I though McKayla's costume was her own "real" uniform...I thought maybe she had a little stint of cheerleading before going into soccer! You did a great job! And I'm glad my kids weren't the only ones who were grumpy for picture time!