Monday, February 18, 2008

All Valley Champs & Beautiful Hair

So my camera has a flash issue and I either have to figure how to fix it or buy a new camera. In the meantime, we will stick with outdoor, daytime shots.

So here is the hair. She is very happy and loves wearing it every way possible. Madison loved getting special shampoo, conditioner, mousse, gel, comb, etc. Now that she all the beauty paraphernalia she can handle, she is in hog heaven.

We had the All-Valley Championship for McKayla's team. Are you tired of hearing about soccer, since the season ended mid-December? Well, hearing it is nothing compared to going each week, trust me. Not that I'm complaining, because this season has been awesome. Just skim through if you want to avoid details. They started three weeks ago. Everyone played three games, on two Saturdays, earning points: so many points for winning, shuts outs, three point spread, etc. McKayla's team won the highest amount out of the eight teams: 28. This put them in the 1st place bracket heading into the semi's. We won that game and then on to the finals. We won that too. Can anyone beat this team? I don't think so. As usual, McK played goalie for half the game and mid-field for one quarter. Here are the results of the tournament:
Game 1: v. DHS 1; won 2-0
Game 2: v. IND 2; won 6-1
Game 3: v. PS 1; won 3-0
Semi-final: v. #4 IND 1; won 6-1
Finals: v. #2 PS 2; won 3-2
What a great year for McKayla. We had a great husband and wife coaching team. What a cute little cheering section. This is the only move I like seeing McK do as goalie: taking off the goalie shirt after a perfectly defended half. The rest is far too stressful for me.

7 comments:

Dayna said...

I love Madison's hair, it looks really cute on her!

Susan Broberg said...

Your girls are such cuties. I love checking out the happenings of your life!

Kyle said...

Madison's hair looks great! I love the cute picture of your cheerleading section. I'm also glad to know your chess bars turned out!

Audry said...

Her hair looks so good. And I love that picture of the girls with their sunglasses and beanie. Great!!

Holly said...

I have to agree that Madisons hair suits her very well...super cute. And, I have to congratulate Makayla on a great season, and you Lisa on surviving it!!

Now Lisa, a little fieldtrip for you. They have casted the Cullen family for Twilight, so go to stephenie meyer.com and check out the pics. I am not sure I have embraced the idea of some of them yet. I'm sure in time...especially since with my extensive knowledge and great talent as a casting director I could have done so much better. :) Let me know what you think.

Kimberly said...

Loved Madison's hair on Sunday. It looked great! How exciting for McKayla and everyone involved. I bet they girls all loved going each week and watching her play. Good thing she doesn't play club soccer - then you'd really never get a break!

The Queen said...

So cute! And congrats on a great season!