Monday, May 12, 2008

Tennis Lessons

All the girls have been taking tennis lessons at the IW Tennis Gardens. Here are some of the pictures from the big girls' class. Their coaches, Coach Lisa and Coach Tyler, are so patient and fun. (The older girls description is a little different-they push them a little harder when they are older.)

We had previously attend the Pac Life Open, so when we told Maya she was going to be taking lessons at the same place, she cried. When I asked what was wrong, she explained that she did not want to play in such a big place in front of all those people. I explained center-court was years away.

I don't know how much they really got out of it. I'm sure it helps with hand-eye coordination. It did get them excited to play tennis on the Wii.

They love their hot-pink Barbie type rackets. They loved all the little games and high fives. They loved racing to pick up all the balls afterwards. They loved the water breaks where they could grab their own cone shaped cup and get their own water just like a grown-up.

I just don't think they liked the part about the ball coming at them and they had to swing their racket to hit it. Unfortunately that is the essence of tennis and the stuff they liked has very little to do with the whole game. Oh well.

I have no pictures of the older girls (yet) because logistically it is just too easy to drop them off and go run errands than say and keep track of the two big girls running all over the place. Plus the older girls are still playing to I have more opportunity still to come.

6 comments:

Mark and Stefani McCune said...

The girls are so cute! I think the best part would be the clothes and the pink racket too... Such fun!

koko bean..... said...

I love that the net comes to Montereys chin...Way to cute. I think that is such a great idea but I think Ayden would run from the ball instead of running towards it.hehehe..

Audry said...

SO cute! I've been debating on weather I should put Madisen in Tennis or not. It looks so fun.

Kimberly said...

They look so darn cute! I bet they are all loving it! It's the perfect sport for where we live.

Dayna said...

I have never seen such cute tennis players!!!

Taryn said...

How fun is that! It's so fun to watch your girls do new things! Mine always give me a good laugh!