Sunday, March 15, 2009

Lisalogy: Another Facebook activity that allows you to peer into my soul.

* * * * * * * * * * * FOODOLOGY* * * * * * * * * * *****

What is your salad dressing of choice?
Ranch. But only freshly made. The stuff in bottles makes me ill.

What is your favorite sit-down restaurant?
The French Laundry (which makes my answer to the next one really quite ironic.)

What food could you eat everyday for two weeks and not get sick of?
Peanut butter and jelly. I know, my refined palate is mind-boggling. But during pregnancy it was my best friend and I really did eat it and nothing else for lengths of time and yet, in spite of that, I still love it.

What are your pizza toppings of choice?
lots and lots of veggies

Chocolate or Vanilla?
Chocolate

* * * * * * * * * * * TECHNOLOGY * * * * * * * * * * *****

How many televisions are in your house?
Two that are hooked up through cable and one for just videos for the kids.

Do you have a laptop?
No and I have very bitter feelings about this so let's stop dwelling on it right now!

How about a desktop?
yes, two

How many cell phones do you own?
one (Ryan has one as well)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * BIOLOGY* * * * * * * * * * * * *****

Are you right - handed or left- handed?
right

Have you ever had anything removed from your body?
Teeth, cysts, my uterus, four babies (2 by c-section, the other 2 came out the normal way)

What is the last heavy item you lifted?
A huge bag of library books

Have you ever been knocked unconscious?
In sixth grade, during a particularly intense dodge ball game.

* * * * * * * * * * * * BULLCRAPOLOGY* * * * * * * * * *****

If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die?
It depends.

If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
My mom wanted to name me Zandra. I wanted that for a couple years. I really do not care about changing my name 'cause naming your children kind of lets you have the fun.

Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1000?
Yes. I would eat or drink anything for $1,000. As long as it didn't violate my religious principles or has been sitting out for more than two hours when it should have been refrigerated. I am greedy, but not stupid.

* * * * * * * * * * * * DUMBOLOGY* * * * * * * * * * * * * *****

How many pairs of flip flops do you own?
Right this second? Six. But, I am a little short. I need to go to Old Navy and stock up for the year. It is all I wear. McKayla and Madison are starting to steal mine.

Last time you had a run-in with the cops?
Ryan got a ticket about over a year ago. I have not even been pulled over since I was pregnant with McKayla over 13 years ago.

Last person you talked to?
Monterey. I told her, if she wants an otter pop, she has to ask one of her sisters.

Last person you hugged?
Willadean McRae. Our pianist at church. She is really good and I hope she does not feel under-appreciated. I just had to thank her today. (I actually had hugged all my girls since then. Monterey was hugged less than a minute ago.)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * FAVORITOLOGY* * * * * * * * * * * *****

Season?
Sorry, I love them all for different reasons. My four daughter were each born in a different season. If I had known, I could have named them Winter, Spring, Autumn and Summer.

Holiday?
Christmas. I know ... nothing original here, but it is just so joyous for so many reasons.

Day of the week?
Saturday. Even when we are busy, I love having everyone home.

Month?
It changes. I used to love the summer months. Now that I live in a desert/oven it is hard to love. December is good, but it can get too busy. October and April. There you go. The best travel months. Halloween and Easter. My church's General Conference. Decent weather.


* * * * * * * * * * * CURRENTOLOGY* * * * * * * * * * * * *****

Missing anyone?
I have been missing my dad today (he passed away over five years ago.)

Mood?
Anxious. With so many things to do, why I am doing this?

What are you listening to?
60 Minutes and Monterey slurping on an Otter Pop.

Watching?
60 Minutes

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * RANDOMOLOGY* * * * * * * * * * * *****

First place you went this morning?
To turn on the computer. Same every morning.

What's the last movie you saw?
High School Musical 3 in theaters. The Dolly Sisters (old) on DVR (I always scour TCM and AMC for good oldies to show the girls.)

Do you smile?
yes

Do you always answer your phone?
NO. I only answer if it is my area code or someone I recognize.

You get a text message at 4 a.m. Who is it?
My niece's (when they lived in CT.) They had no sense of time zones.

If you could change your eye color what would it be?
Glow-in-the-dark green. Actually I would not change them, but it would be fun to get some funky contacts.

What flavor do you add to your drink at Sonic?
Cherry Limeade. I love it at Hot-Dog-on-a-Stick too.

Do you own a digital camera?
Yes and it is waterproof so I can take underwater pictures with it. I love it.

Have you ever had a pet fish?
Yes. Did any of them live beyond a week? No. I'm not proud, just warning you all to not give me a fish. It is always manslaughter. I have no ill will toward them fish folk.

Favorite Christmas song(s)?
The Partridge Family Christmas Album. All of it. Thank you Susan for introducing me to the most kick-butt Christmas songs ever!

What's on your wish list for your birthday?
I always want the same thing every year: a weekend trip with Ryan and the girls where we go to a baseball game and hang out on the beach. I love experiences with tradition and good memories. I would rather hang out with those five people than anybody else. Luckily, Ryan sets it up every year since he started working for Marriott.

Can you do push ups?
If you'll except really lame looking ones.

Can you do a chin up?
No.

Does the future make you excited?
When I think about my children, yes. When I think about society, no. But ready or not, here we come.

Do you have any saved texts?
I am too retarded at texting to intentionally saved or trash any of them.

Ever been in a car wreck?
Yes, two that were like scrapers and one that was a little more. No one was ever hurt and no insurance was ever involved so I have a nice clean record.

Do you have an accent?
No, although some people teased me about saying worsh instead of wash when I was young. Nobody has mentioned it for years so I think I finally overcame it. Or maybe people are just being nice.

What is the last song to make you cry?
This isn't really a fair question because almost every song makes me cry (church types or mushy-gushy.) But the last song where I had to clean up mascara was on Friday hearing "I Loved Her First" It is totally for the father-daughter dance at the wedding and I always think about Ryan "giving away" his four daughters. Needless to say, it is pretty pathetic to see.

Plans tonight?
Amazing Race and about three hours on the computer to get ready for the M-F tornado.

Have you ever felt like you hit rock bottom?
Yes, but those were when I ended up feeling the love of God the most in my life so it ended up being a positive thing. Besides if you never hit bottom, you wouldn't know how good the good stuff was.

Have you ever been given roses?
yes I love roses that last a long time and I love every color, especially new ones I have never see before. For the last two Mother's Days at church Ryan was in charge of buying roses for all the moms. Translation: I bought them, trimmed the thorns, kept them hydrated, transported them to the church and Ryan helped carry them in. Anyway I digress. My point is, picking out the colors and seeing all those flowers was worth all the band-aids after wards. I don't think I have the talent as a florist, but I definitely love hanging out with flowers.

Current hate right now?
My little one's crazy school schedule. Half-day Pre-K and Kinder is a killer.

Met someone who changed your life?
Anyone I consider a friend has had an impact on me. I consider all my friends mentors. A few have changed my life in major ways. Every has a story and I love listening to what makes people tick. I find people's opinions and life stories fascinating. It is amazing how you can think you know someone based on appearance and a five-minute conversation. But later you realize they are truly amazing when you stop and hear their stories.

How did you bring in the New Year?
With McKayla (13) and Madison (11) playing board games and watching the New Year's shows and eating Chinese food (our yearly tradition.)

Would you go back in time if you were given the chance?
That is tough. Do I have regrets? Oh yeah. But I think I have learned something from them so I would be a different person. You just gotta move on and not spend much time with daydreaming about a perfect life.

Have you ever dated someone longer than a year?
No, not even my husband. I figured out that "he's not that into you" thing early on and I never liked wasting time. I have been married to my husband for over 15 years so it wasn't commitment issues.

Do you have any tattoos/ piercings?
One in each ear. I used to have a second one in my right ear but it has closed over the years.

Does anyone love you?
Oh yeah. But only the coolest, smartest, most wonderful people in the world. If you do not love me, I think you are a stupid loser. not really. (yes, really.)

Would you be a pirate?
In a heartbeat. That is why I was born in an era without pirates ... to keep me from that lifestyle. I think I would have been a good one except I would have been more like a Robin Hood and given away my plunder to the down-trodden.

What songs do you sing in the shower?
I sing when the little ones are in the tub next to me at the same time. Usually "You are My Sunshine" or something that has to do with rain 'cause I like to take the hand-held nozzle and rinse them off from their bubbles.

Ever had someone sing to you?
My kids, the entertainment at Macarios, random guys in college (I went to BYU where that was fairly common.)

Do you like to cuddle?
Yes

Have you held hands with anyone today?
my daughters Monterey (4) and Maya (5)

Who was the last person you took a picture of?
McKayla, her friend Elly, Madison, and Monterey at Panera on Saturday morning.

What kind of music did you listen to in elementary school?
I loved Elton John. I think that was the first music I ever purchased on my own.

Are most of the friends in your life new or old?
Both

Do you like pulpy orange juice?
Yes. I grew up with about 12 orange trees in our yard and we would have squeezing marathons when it was time to strip the oranges off. We burned out three Kitchen Aid motors ... probably due to those marathons and we never strained. So I don't feel like it taste like fresh squeezed OJ without the pulp.

Have you ever ridden an elephant?
Yes, as a matter of fact. In Thailand. I'll have to scan the picture so everyone will believe me. It was at their world famous crocodile farm. I did a lot of once in a lifetime things that day.

Do you like to play Scrabble?
Yes. I have the computer game and I usually play when I am talking to my mom on the phone. I have to multitask everything.

When is the last time you ate peanut butter and jelly?
Thursday for lunch. I wish I could get away with serving it for dinner. I love it!!

What were you doing 12 AM last night?
Watching Saturday Night Live

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Have you ever had a grilled PB&J??? It is SO yummy, I had one this morning for breakfast. Just make it like normal put a little butter on both sides and fry it like you would grilled cheese...you'll want it like that every time after you've had it that way. Trust me.

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Good to know.

Lisa P said...

Here's my twist on pb&j for dinner and, honest, I have served it for dinner: Make a regular pb&j sandwhich, dip it in french toast batter and then fry it like french toast or bake it. Similar to the grilled french toast above. You can sprinkle it w/ powdered sugar for that extra "something"!

Lizzie said...

Very good read. If you could just write some books, then maybe I would read more. = )

I don't know how you do your schedule. I would go crazy. I am thoroughly enjoying my non-school-age children stage in life. I am not looking forward to living in my car. However, I'm sure once I'm to that point, I'll be loving that stage too.

And as for having baby #3...we're ready too. Not pregnant, but hopefully soon.

Watts Family said...

I am so glad that you out grew saying worsh. I hate hearing the word worshington, too. It drives me nuts!!!
Any trips planned for Utah? I know a great place where you can stay... Her initials are SCC, hint, hint.