Thursday, April 16, 2009

Magic Mountain

For five years we lived next door to Magic Mountain. The older girls were a little too old for the kiddie rides and too short for the coasters. We went a couple of times (literally twice) and one of those times was Hurricane Harbor, the water park.) Both times was because my brother came into town with his family.

Whenever we visit my mom, we drive by and see all the coasters and McK and Mad keep their faces pressed to the car window longing for the day ...

At Christmas time, it was all they could take. "Mom, when are we going to go to Magic Mountain?" "Someday, honey, someday." I knew it was only a matter of time.

Spring Break: what to do? what to do? My nieces just got jobs at Magic Mountain. So with the prospect of discounts and time, we went for our Magic Mountain trip. Everyone loved it.

The older girls went mostly on the coasters. I am very proud of them for having the courage. It is one thing to see those giants from a distance. It is another thing when you are standing just under them. They went on the fastest, tallest, and scariest. They want to go back every time we visit Grandma Dixie.

The little girls went mostly on the kiddie rides. They loved it! No lines and tons of fun. Some of the rides they went on over and over and over - like six times straight on the kiddie coaster. They want to go back every time we visit Grandma Dixie.

We went on two rides together: the Buccaneer - Maya was not happy; and the Log Jammer - Maya was not happy. Apparently the Buccaneer was a little scarier than I had communicated to her. She did not like getting wet ... and we got really wet. I tried to explain that in the summer, getting wet is the best part. She explained she only likes to get wet when she has her bathing suit on.

The best part was being able to go with family: Grandma Dixie, Aunt Karen, Aunt Nancy, Cousins Robyn, Kathleen, Layne, and Mercer. The girls also got to meet the Looney Tunes characters (although I am not sure they knew who they were.)

It looks like we are going to have to go EVERY time we visit Grandma Dixie. Now the girls want to visit Grandma Dixie EVERY weekend. (Of course they did before anyway, but now it is like constantly "when are going to go again??????")

By the way, for some reason that I do not recall ... I missed my funnel cake. I think I need to go back pretty soon again.

No comments: